Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

how to learn vocabulary

Xinxin

Xinxin

China

i have confusion.i do not know how to learn vocabulary.it is hard for me to remember the word.i am always curious to know how to learn it.so could your please me your means.how to remeber vocabulary?

02:31 PM Jan 28 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

cicekcocuk

cicekcocuk

Turkey

you need some practise, xinxin :)

04:59 PM Feb 06 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

the same problem here i dont know how to choose new vocabulary and learn them

05:09 PM Feb 06 2008 |

Dany-Boy

Dany-Boy

Guatemala

Somebody told me to use the Lyrics of songs I like a lot, so when I ear a song that I like it, I found the Lyrinc, if I found a word that I don`t know, I use the dictionary so when I start sing the song I`ll know what`s the meaning of the song and the sentence when appear the word unknown.. A friend told me to ear music, or a Cd of conversacion on English, and the sub-conscient will record in my mind all word..(this sound a little crazy) but if you want to try.. jeje… well… See ya.. Good Luck!!

08:30 PM Feb 06 2008 |

amany7

amany7

Saudi Arabia

thanke you so much Wolf and DANY-BOY

i like these ways too much i think  iam going to work on it

01:10 AM Feb 08 2008 |

Ange888

Ange888

Brazil

Yes I have the same problem. I want to learn more words but is difficult to me… I try with songs, internet, chating with another person in english, but always is the same words…I'll try with the story like say wolf9.. B

01:26 AM Feb 08 2008 |

Dany-Boy

Dany-Boy

Guatemala

Here´s other way to improve your english… whe you watch TV search movies on English with Closed caption.. you´ll learn how sound a word, expression, you´ll familiarize with sounds on the scene.. and you´ll understand what the people mean looking they moves on the screen.. (the body languaje) this have helped me sometimes…

03:21 PM Feb 08 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

when you learn a word you must look it's picture carefully..So may you can remember that word more easily..:))

But i have the same problem too :((

Anyway =  :)) Good Luck..:))

03:29 PM Feb 08 2008 |

AnnaJ

Netherlands

It's really hard to learn new vocabulary, and it's even harder to remember what I've already learned. What helps me a lot is this little program: http://pfquizzz.4fips.com ,which allows me to practise me my vocabulary regularly. You might find it useful as well…

08:26 PM Nov 19 2008 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Reading is good, try to read with a dictionary beside you. Songs are good and you can always read the lyrics online, just search through google. You can watch DVDs and pause them when you hear a word you don't know, and look it up. Try to watch the DVD with the SUBTITLES turned on. That way you can listen and read, at the same time. Then you will know what the word is. 

Chatting is good. When I chat I try to use the same words I do in life and, if you have a dictionary beside you, you can look up the words. 

You can also do something simple. Learn the Dolch word lists,for simple words, then try to learn a list a week. There are lots of word lists on Ebaby, on the Internet, just search them out. A list a week will be 52 at the end of the year. Right?

10:13 PM Nov 19 2008 |

netwar

China

It' very wonderful,I'm from china,My english is not good,I recite a lot of articles,I think ,Maybe it will influence me,he.

and i really wish to  make friends

02:28 AM Nov 21 2008 |