Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

What about christianity ?!!

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

Hello , if any Christian here could explain to me what Christianity is !! what is it about & what is it talking about ?!
I want to know about this religion coz i don’t know much about it ;
thank u in advance ;

08:02 PM Jan 28 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Green Alice

Russian Federation

Christianity is one of the world religions (in one row with Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism). It received its name from the name of God's son Jesus Christ, who came into this world and died for all the sinners (actually, everyone) be forgiven by his father God.

It is a monotheistic religion (recognizes only 1 god). However, one of the central concepts and the main paradox of Christianity is Trinity (one god is comprised of 3 parts: Father God, God Son, and Holy Spirit).

The main book of Christianity is the Bible, which consists of 2 pars: Old Testament and New testament. The Bible tells us about the world from it creation till, I think, life and death (and Resurrection) of God's son. I also teaches many things concerning people's behavior. For example: to love others, to be honest, to forgive, to be generous, to be faithful, and many other things…

Resurrection affirms and symbolizes eternal life after death. Sinless go to Paradise, sinners go to Hell. God loves everyone and gives forgiveness to those, who truly repent of their sins.

Hope this helps at least a little. Go to Wikipedia for more details :P 

10:05 PM Jan 28 2008 |

Lıka

Ukraine

ıf you really want to know what Chrıstıanıty ıs try to get the Bible and start readıng ıt and gradualy you wıll ı hope feel the Truth and you wıll feel Jesus who ıs the Savıor of mankınd. But the Bıble ıs not an easy book and needs some preparatıon in order to read ıt wıth understandşng and faıth. So ask wısdom from God before readıng ıt.By the way you can fınd the whole Bible ın Internet.But İ advise you to start readıng from The New Testament which is started from Jesus Chrıst's birth. May God bless you.  

11:48 PM Jan 28 2008 |

ahmedbleach

Tunisia

thank u my friends ,
if any 1 can summarize to me the story Jesus ; !!

08:44 PM Jan 29 2008 |

roshandel

roshandel

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

i think islam is after christ so we must belive it
christianity are very much beter than Israelite

06:08 AM Mar 18 2008 |

bbcc3185

China

only read Bible is not enough, I recommend to go to church & attend the gathering.

09:48 AM Mar 24 2008 |

bbcc3185

China

only read Bible is not enough, I recommend to go to church & attend the gathering.

bbcc3185

China

gkisseberth

Germany

Roshandel, do you think whichever religion came later is more valid and true?

02:51 PM Mar 24 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim….

I am a muslim girl ..but I have read Gospel and Torah and of course Koran-ı Kerim… I think that all of religion are holy but my religion (ISLAM) in better than the others.. I love all of prophets, Jesus, Psalmist, Mosa, Ibrahem, Ismael, Ali all all of them…

My prophet Mohammed is the last prophet  and  the another person isn't going to be prophet after Muhammed… ISLAM is the right religion for me…

ALLAHU EKBER ( Allah is the biggest) .. Viva right (!) ISLAM, Viva Hz. Muhammed (SAV),

Viva peace…. Viva goodness….

Resim:Blue mosque2.jpg

05:15 PM Mar 24 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

hi Can I Cry,

You said that Islam is the right religion for you. When did you make that choice? How old were you?

Did you study Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and other religions or the lack of religion before making the choice that Islam is right for you?

What religion do your parents/grandparents/family/community practice?

Did that influence your choice, or even your exposure to other religions or other ways of thought?

06:04 PM Mar 24 2008 |