Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Smoke or not

漳州卤面

漳州卤面

China

In my  dorm , one thinks smoking is a good thing for a college student . He says ,"If you smoke , others think you are mature and cool ! " I think he is foolish. Isn't  there anything else showing you are mature? How do you think it ? 

03:02 AM Feb 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

munchkinxo

munchkinxo

Philippines

Guess what… that person is so immature and so uncool. He's so childish.

06:29 AM Feb 08 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

We are so nice porsons we purchase diseaes happily.

07:12 AM Feb 08 2008 |

BELL_JP_VN

BELL_JP_VN

Viet Nam

tell him the more show-off his cool smoking, the more childish and ridiculous he is Wink

07:19 AM Feb 08 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

many people have been got the positive impact from smoking. I look they are very happy, enjoy, and confident after do smoking. but I disagree if maturity is represented by it. many things we can do to represent our maturity. our ability to facing all troubles and problems, how to create nothing to existing, how to make art from all life phenomenon, sure more represent our maturity. I certainly. always consider and take care of your health. 

11:21 AM Feb 08 2008 |

banana^~^

China

I  don't think smoking is a good thing !

11:40 AM Feb 08 2008 |

Tsaokuohua

China

The basic is you will rich ,there are many muny for you.

01:17 PM Feb 08 2008 |

omaraux

omaraux

Italy

You answered by yourself!!! Wink

I think it is foolish… but I smoke…(little)

01:24 PM Feb 08 2008 |

englishlabor

China

We can't simply conclude whether smoking is good or not. But as an youngster , especially high school or college student, if he smokes, it is possible that he have something confused in his mind.Maybe he falls in love with a girl but fail in being accepted or he encounter some other difficulties in his life. At this time ,smoking is wonderful because while smoking, you would find peace inside you and deeply think about your failure experience and mistakes.When you pick up what is the true problem and regain energy , then you would naturely give up smoking and keep lively in your life. On the contrary, if you are addicted to smoking, it means that you fail in learning something meaningful from your mistakes and smoking begins to do harm to you.

In my college period, I give up smoking because I live very happy . But I learned that it is neccessary of knowing something about cigarette ,for example , which brands is high quality and what's the feeling while smoking different cigarette. to make friends with businessmen who are interested in talking about it.

04:13 PM Feb 08 2008 |

Lee888

China

I think smokeing is not good for your health

04:21 PM Feb 08 2008 |

Dan_T

Argentina

it depends on "what" do you smoke (... would say a good friend of mine from Holland)

04:57 PM Feb 08 2008 |