Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do u have any Question about Islam???

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

Iam a muslim and so proud to be so

and i see its the most suffecient relighon

so, if  u have any question about Islam, im ready to answer?

07:10 PM Feb 08 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

Nu, you could be right, and that point does seem more logical. I'd still like to see some evidence, as it could just be anecdotal. 

Naddito, I did a little search and I wasn't able to find anything relating to drinking water standing vs sitting, but perhaps if you know where to find the evidence you could help when you return.

Have a safe trip 

01:49 AM Feb 16 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

thanks  Nu

thanks Gkisseberth

best regards

10:19 AM Feb 16 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Sweta,

In reply to your questions, I think that yes, by their very nature each religion has to think that it is "the best" and that it is the only true religion. Many religious people show respect for those with other beliefs or those with none, but many more are not so tolerant. Even those who are still believe that their truth is the only truth.

I agree that this is a hindrance to achieving any kind of real unity.

I don't believe that religion is anything other than a man made creation and I believe that we would be much better without it. Fear, as you say, is a HUGE part of most religious beliefs: fear of a wrathful god, fear of damnation, fear of not fitting in. 

01:48 PM Feb 16 2008 |

Kelly_1_8

Kelly_1_8

Peru

so… why do only women have to obey their husbands?Undecided I think that husbands have to obey their wives and wives have to obey their husbands, but there is a limit… sometimes we can take our own decitions even if husbands disagree…Smilewe are independent… we aren´t their employers

09:37 PM Feb 16 2008 |

mpeer28

Israel

I want to ask why the Islamics hate the Jews inspite the fact that they both

believe in the same God=Allah which discoverd by Hibraim?

10:00 PM Feb 16 2008 |

rufay

rufay

Jordan

We don't hate the Jews, on the contrary we believe in the religion of Judaism just like the way we believe in Christianity, essentially if you want to be a Muslim you have to believe in all prophets and their religions but we are against Zionism and against the idea that they stole and are stealing our lands :)

10:19 PM Feb 16 2008 |

Kelly_1_8

Kelly_1_8

Peru

so… why do only women have to obey their husbands? UndecidedI think that husbands have to obey their wives and wives have to obey their husbands, but there is a limit… sometimes we can take our own decitions even if husbands disagree…we are independent… we aren´t their employers Smile

06:33 PM Feb 17 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I don't see where either wives or husbands should be instructed to OBEY the other. I don't think that relationships built on this difference in power can be too good. 

06:58 PM Feb 17 2008 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

We have lost our soul,our real self in the names of religions,we have lost the capacity to communicate with the existence…we are really at great loss & still humanity is not matured enough to respect independence of indivduals.We don't respect others in the real sense but we talk big words but without souls.

02:14 AM Feb 18 2008 |

naddito

naddito

Saudi Arabia

hi all

how can one lose his soul with religion while Islam itself has been sent to protect this soul and keep its dignity

come ooooon , one loses his soul when he doesnt choose appropriately

thats y he lives in a mess

03:24 AM Feb 29 2008 |