Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Save Israel's Children

gkisseberth

Germany

Save Israel's Children   http://www.saveisraelschildren.com/ is an organization that is trying to help families with children in an Israeli town on the border with Gaza.  Below is from their website.    S'derot: The Challenge S'derot is a small town in the southern part of Israel. The people of S'derot live under constant attack from Arab bombs and missiles. They have been bombarded by over 4,000 missiles to date, causing widespread damage, injuries, trauma, and death. People are frightened, angry, frustrated, and feel hopeless. They are unable to keep up a normal work schedule; their friends and relatives are afraid to attend their simchas; the high schools are intermittently closed, and there is no explanation to give to their children of why they have to live this way.  Jewish Families Respond Jewish families throughout the United States and Canada are standing up to this challenge and opening their homes to the children of S'derot, and other towns subjected to bombings from Israel's enemies. They are offering the stability of a Jewish home, the opportunity to attend school without bomb threats, and a normal, healthy, community atmosphere with other children about. This website is a forum to make the "shidduch" (match), between families wanting to send their children abroad, and families who are willing to provide a temporary "home" for these children, with the understanding that the respective families will make their own arrangements in the best interests of the children, taking into consideration schooling, language, medical insurance, transportation, and communications with their families, etc.   Empower the People   This "people to people" initiative will be the first time this has been done since WWII, when Germany bombed London, and London's children were taken in by families in the countryside, and cared for, until the British defeated the Germans. Israel's government has been unable to bring a halt to this situation for years. It is the mission of this website, and its initiators, to empower people to help themselves. A PEOPLE TO PEOPLE INITIATIVE SAVE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

10:23 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
O mankind! We created you from a single [pair] of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other.(1)
That is, "I created you as peoples, nations, and tribes, so that you should know one another and the relations between you in social life, and assist one another; not so that you should regard each other as strangers, refusing to acknowledge one another, and nurturing hostility and enmity."

The idea of nationalism has greatly advanced this century. The cunning European tyrants in particular awaken this among Muslims in negative fashion, so that they may divide them and devour them.

As for the present, when the peoples and tribes of Islam are most in need of one another, and each is more oppressed and more poverty-stricken than the others, and they are crushed beneath European domination, to regard one another as strangers due to the idea of nationalism and to consider one another to be enemies, is such a calamity that it cannot be described. It is quite simply a lunacy like turning one’s back on dreadful serpents so as not to be bitten by a mosquito and struggling with the mosquito-due to the idea of nationalism-to attach no importance to the European nations, which are like huge dragons, at a time when with their insatiable greed their grasping hands are open, indeed, to in effect help them and to nurture enmity against fellow-citizens in the Eastern Provinces or brother Muslims to the South, and to take up positions opposed to them, is extremely detrimental and dangerous. In any event there are no enemies among those to the South so that they should be confronted. What comes from the South is the light of the Qur’an; the light of Islam came from there; it is present among us, and is found everywhere.

Thus, to be hostile towards those fellow Muslims is indirectly harmful to Islam and the Qur’an. And hostility towards Islam and the Qur’an is hostility of a sort towards the lives in this world and inthe hereafter of all those fellow-citizens. To think one can serve their social life in the name of patriotism while destroying the foundations of their two lives, is not patriotism but stupidity!

http://www.nur.gen.tr/en/Risale/Risale.html?islem=index&KitapId=18#maincontent=Risale&islem=read&KitapId=21&BolumId=799&KitapAd=Letters&Page=437

08:25 PM May 01 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Saying that Palestine belongs ONLY to Arabs because it is a sacred place is not a convincing argument, since Jews and Christians hold it as equally if not more sacred. 

09:52 PM May 01 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

my writings were for Hekmer and the other muslims!

09:52 AM May 02 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

sorry birgul. I didn't know the writings weren't for me. 

An idea: Put a notice at the beginning of posts    MUSLIMS ONLY    to make it clear who should read.

That kind of thing worked out really well in my country many years ago.

11:17 AM May 02 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

I AM HEKMER BIRGUL, DO NOT WORRY, MY LORD IS YOUR LORD,AND I AM WRITING HERE IN THIS THREAD FROM HIS WORDS. AND I HAVE A COMMENT THAT THE ALL PEOPLES HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE IN ANY WHERE THEY WANT . NONE DARES TO DENY THAT, ONLY IF THAT DOSE NOT READ WHAT I WROTE . YOU HEAR ME GKISSEBERTH OR YOU HAVE NOT COMMUNICATED BY THE INTERNET LANGUAGE WORDS

THANKS FOR YOU BIRGUL, YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST POINT, AND I SUPPORT YOU AGAIN, BEFORE AND AFTER WHAT YOU WROTE .

02:18 PM May 02 2008 |