Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Save Israel's Children

gkisseberth

Germany

Save Israel's Children   http://www.saveisraelschildren.com/ is an organization that is trying to help families with children in an Israeli town on the border with Gaza.  Below is from their website.    S'derot: The Challenge S'derot is a small town in the southern part of Israel. The people of S'derot live under constant attack from Arab bombs and missiles. They have been bombarded by over 4,000 missiles to date, causing widespread damage, injuries, trauma, and death. People are frightened, angry, frustrated, and feel hopeless. They are unable to keep up a normal work schedule; their friends and relatives are afraid to attend their simchas; the high schools are intermittently closed, and there is no explanation to give to their children of why they have to live this way.  Jewish Families Respond Jewish families throughout the United States and Canada are standing up to this challenge and opening their homes to the children of S'derot, and other towns subjected to bombings from Israel's enemies. They are offering the stability of a Jewish home, the opportunity to attend school without bomb threats, and a normal, healthy, community atmosphere with other children about. This website is a forum to make the "shidduch" (match), between families wanting to send their children abroad, and families who are willing to provide a temporary "home" for these children, with the understanding that the respective families will make their own arrangements in the best interests of the children, taking into consideration schooling, language, medical insurance, transportation, and communications with their families, etc.   Empower the People   This "people to people" initiative will be the first time this has been done since WWII, when Germany bombed London, and London's children were taken in by families in the countryside, and cared for, until the British defeated the Germans. Israel's government has been unable to bring a halt to this situation for years. It is the mission of this website, and its initiators, to empower people to help themselves. A PEOPLE TO PEOPLE INITIATIVE SAVE THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL

10:23 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

friends, we know the kids also their living, is our attention. you, I, he, she/he, they, and we must be cannot acquiesce in when our children become a victim of war, whatever war and wherever it happen. children have not come of age being involve at war. they only as a victim if the word war say its impact. so, come we shout out our government respectively, to keep and care children, also quarrel party, please stop the war for our children, our future.       

02:28 AM Apr 07 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

OH , SEE WHO HAVE BEEN KILLED ONLY YESTERDAY AND WHO HAVE BEEN PROTECTED FROM THE BOTH OR HAD NOT LIKE FOR GKISSEBERTH TO BOST THESE NEWS .

04:34 PM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

the intent of this thread was not to post the daily deaths in Gaza (Redwana has a very long thread dedicated to the victims of Gaza) but simply to show what some people are doing to help children in danger. 

06:37 PM Apr 07 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

ONLY SEE THEM IN DANGER !!

06:45 PM Apr 07 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

you speak about nonsense hekmer. at least these people DO something to help Palestinian children and they are not bad mouthing when they found someone really help the palestinian.

hekmer, what's wrong? you can't really accept the truth that Western countries really help Palestine? what's up? you only want to believe that we only do harm to Palestinian people?

at least this people do something and not speak trashy when they do nothing just like you.

06:56 PM Apr 07 2008 |

vethassan

Egypt

One reply the host of a family says to his children " Israel conquered the plastinian land so this happens . When the theif steals something then he falls die people say that's what he deserves . But The end is near for Either Israel or America , the most actually terrorists all over the world

07:20 PM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

ONLY SEE THEM IN DANGER !!

Yes, children in Israel and Palestine are in danger.

Indeed, is it surprising to hear of Westerners helping the people of Palesting. Ale posted about families in Chile who are opening their homes. A google search will identify other charities that help Palestinian children.

11:29 PM Apr 07 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

OK, SEE THE FOLLOWING ASK .

01:16 AM Apr 08 2008 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

OK WE WILL SEE THAT NOW, SEE TO US WHAT YOU WILL WRITE AS ONLY ONE POST, TO ISRA'ILE TO CALL THEM TO MAKE ROLES PROTECT OUR CHILDREN IN PALESTIN . THEN I PROMISE YOU ,AS AMUSLIM HAVEN'T BEEN FALLING TO WHAT PROMISED BY, TO WRITE POST LIKE THAT WHICH IN I CALL NOT HAMMAS ONLY BUT ALL ARABS TO MAKE ROLES PROTECT ISRA'ILE'S CHILDREN .

01:17 AM Apr 08 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Hekmer, I am trying to understand your post. Forgive me if I am incorrect. 

I think you are asking me to make a post calling on Isreali's to protect children in Palestine, and in turn you will call on Hamas and all Arabs to protect Israel's choldren.

See below.  

01:36 AM Apr 08 2008 |